Tired of being an unsatisfied fan at shows, The Trims founder (Gabe Maciel) set out to start his own band, a band that would “trim” out all of the unnecessary music he was hearing in the scene and, instead, focus solely on writing good and catchy songs to perform. This philosophy of “trimming out the unnecessary music” rang so true with Maciel, that he decided to name his new project The Trims.
Hailing from San Jose, Ca, The Trims have a loyal fanbase and buzz that can easily carry them beyond their locality and into a national spotlight. With a strong sound reminiscent of early U2, The Strokes, The Cure, The Killers and the Brit-Pop of the 90’s, while also conjuring the swagger of artists like Joy Division and The Doors, The Trims maintain a pop friendly sound and delivery which invites music lovers of all genres into the fold.
A totally independent band, The Trims have achieved some impressive milestones, including but not limited to:
- -Being featured on MTV’s “The Real World San Francisco”
- -Being featured on the CW Network’s “B-Sides on Air”
- -Being featured on “No Name's Record Room" with KFOG DJ No Name
- -A live performance for the famous “Jam In The Van" Sessions
- -Being featured on & co-hosting “Westside Wednesdays” on CMC-TV with Bay Area legend Chuy Gomez
- -Performing at ALT105.3 FM’s “BFD” Music Festival
- -Performing at Napa’s “BottleRock” Music Festival
- -Performing as direct support for such major acts as “Spandau Ballet” “Glass Animals” “Royal Blood” “DMA’s” “The Sherlocks” “David J” Ronnie Vannucci's (Drummer for The Killers) side project "Big Talk" and many more...
- -Having the record release party for their latest full length album "Julian Street" presented by Alt105.3FM and DJ'd by Alt105.3FM Music Director: Aaron Axelsen
- -Being played regularly on ALT105.3 FM’s “Radio Soundcheck” program with DJ Aaron Axelsen
- -Recently having been made the face of TiVo’s global music metadata platform
- -Recently having their music played regularly during The San Jose Sharks NHL hockey games at the San Jose SAP Center aka "The Shark Tank"
- -Recently having been named by ALT105.3 FM as one of the best bands of 2018 in the San Francisco Bay Area
- -Making the cover of "The San Jose Metro" newspaper, twice
- -Making the cover of the spanish publication "El Observador"
- -Making the cover of the Canadian Indie Music Magazine "The Lola Sessions"
- And most recently, performing at SXSW 2019 in Austin, Texas
These accomplishments exemplify just how far The Trims have come from their humble beginnings of being an independent band.
The traction The Trims have gained has not been accomplished solely through hard work, perseverance, and dedication, but also through creating their art with heart and total honesty. With songs of hope, love, and loss that bleed with music of romantic heartache and oversexed lyrics about all things scandalous, The Trims have never strayed from the initial reason for their inception. They write and perform their songs from the perspective of the unsatisfied person in the crowd, the person who is aching for something exciting and real. Once you blend all of these distinctly unique qualities with the sights and sounds of catchy hooks and dynamic high energy live shows, you then have the identity that accurately defines The Trims.